The Norwood Fire Department would like to announce that the 2014 burning season has begun. The fee is FREE. Issuance of permits allow outside burning of brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris from other than commercial or industrial land clearing operations between January 15 and May 1 under the following conditions:
1. Before igniting any fire, you must call the Norwood Fire Department at 781-440-5200 to receive permission to burn. Permission may be denied at the discretion of the Senior Fire Officer on duty due to weather conditions and/or any other reason that would adversely affect public safety. You will be asked for your permit number and then be granted permission for that day only.
2. Burning must take place at least 75 feet from any building.
3. Burning may not be started prior to 10:00AM
** In all cases, the fire must be extinguished by 4:00PM**
4. While burning, someone must attend the fire at all times.
5. While burning, a water supply(such as a pressurized water pump or garden hose) and shovels or rakes must be readily available for controlling the fire.