Morrill Memorial Library is Open!Aug 27, 2020 12:42PM ● By Bella Caggiano
While COVID-19 has changed every aspect of every day life, and readers have had to find innovative ways to experience their love of reading; online publications, sharing literary materials, and purchases through brick and mortar stores. Well, the wait is over. The Morrill Memorial Library is again open to residents; with some safety changes.
For in-person browsing, elderly and high-risk individuals can visit Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30-9:30 a.m. All other patrons can enter Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Curbside Pickup through online ordering is available Monday through Friday, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Things to Know Before you Go
In its first phase of re-opening, only limited services will be available. There will be a limit on the number of people allowed in the building and visitors are asked to limit their time to 20 minutes or less so everyone can enjoy access. Groups of two are also requested at a time.
You will be able to:
• Browse and check out materials
• Pickup your holds in person
• Ask librarians for help looking up titles
• Briefly access computers for printing
• Scan, fax, photocopy
• Schedule a notary or passport appointment. Please email [email protected] to schedule
You will be required to:
• Wear a mask properly at all times
• Remain at least 6 feet away from others
• Limit your group size to two people max
• Limit your time in the building to 20 minutes or less
• Wait in line outside if the Library hits capacity
• Follow traffic flow signage inside
• Abide by any staff instructions regarding safety
• Stay home if you're not feeling well, and take advantage of our virtual services
You will not be able to:
• Attend programs
• Use meeting rooms
• Use study rooms
• Use any space for studying, reading, socializing, or other activity
• Play with toys
• Spend a prolonged period of time in the Library
• Donate books or other materials
Returns: If possible, for the health and safety of our staff and other patrons please continue to return items in the outdoor book drop at the back of the Library. All returned items are quarantined for at least 24 hours before getting checked in, and using the outdoor book drop helps us maintain the quarantining process. Thank you!
WiFi: WiFi will be available throughout the library as well as outside the building in our parking lot. Please select "Library-wifi" and when you open your browser, agree to the Terms and Conditions page.
To remain updated on library regulations and services, visit their website at www.norwoodlibrary.org, call the reference desk at 781-769-0200, x110, or email [email protected]