Pools Open For The Season Saturday, June 25th
Norwood Recreation will be hosting an opening day party at Hawes Pool and Father Mac’s Pool on Satur-day, June 25th! We will be selling pool season passes at both pools from 12pm-4pm along with activities, music, snacks, and giveaways! Come join the fun!
Date: Saturday, June 25th Time: 12pm-4pm
Location: Hawes Pool & FM Pool
Pool schedule is subject to change, staff will post and announce changes as soon as possible. Additional aquatic programs may be happening at the pools during certain general swim hours, but space will still be reserved for general swim. Hawes Pool will close during swim meets, schedule will be posted on bulletin board at Hawes and on our website at www.norwoodma.gov.
FATHER MAC’S POOL
295 Vernon Street
Corner of Vernon Street and Hawthorne Street. Please park in designated spaces. Please refrain from parking on the street.
1305 Washington Street
Adjacent to Coakley Middle School.
POOL SAFETY RULES
• Visitors must wear proper swim attire and have a current pool pass on their person at all times. One-day passes can be purchased at the Civic during the week and at the pool on weekends.
• Food, drinks, and chairs are not permitted in the pool area.
• All patrons must take a shower prior to swimming in the pool.
• Walk; don’t run in and around the pool facility.
• Spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited.
• Dangerous practices are prohibited. Patrons may not run on decks; climb, sit or jump from fences; dive in the shallow end, or dunk, push, pull or unnecessarily splash swimmers, or other horseplay. Patrons engaging in these activities may be asked to leave by lifeguards.
• Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated.
• Smoking or the use of drugs is not permitted on the property (this includes vaping).
• The Norwood Recreation Department prohibits the use of floatation devices. Only items labeled “Certified by US Coast Guard” may be allowed in the pool area.
• Children who are not toilet-trained and less than four years old will be allowed in the pool only if they wear a swimsuit diaper and a swimsuit. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted.
• Persons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs or communicable diseases are not permitted in the pool.
• Swimmers under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Those under 6 must have an adult present inside the pool gated area.
• Emergency procedures must be observed. Swimmers must leave the pool area immediately upon the signal or request of the lifeguard on duty.
• Norwood Recreation Staff reserves the right to ask anyone to leave for failing to follow policies.
• Spray Park: No children older than 5 years old or taller than the entrance gate are allowed in the Spray Park. All children must be accompanied by an adult in the Spray Park area at all times.
Ages: 15+ Hawes Pool This course will teach lifeguard candidates the skills and knowledge needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare candidates to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies, and prevent drowning and injuries. Instructor will provide you with a schedule of activities. Please note, on some days you will stay later to complete course content. Check schedule for dates and more information. June 13th-June 17th (rain dates are following week) Time: 4:00-8:00pm Res: $250.00 NR: $270.00 Instructed by Certified Lifeguard Instructor
*Must be able to swim 500 yards continuously & attend all classes. This is mandatory.